Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Home and Garden

So we're settling into the new place in Ballard. Gotta say I am loving the area. And having a basement again! How awesome is that.

I ran some twine up to the roof for the hop plants. I've got Cascade, Centennial, Chinook and Willamette going. Hopefully we'll get a Fresh Hop beer in September or so. Today I spotted the first aphid, but I also spotted a ladybug on the vine. I'll watch closely for the next few days before the insecticidal soap comes out... Also have three tomatoes going, a tomatillo, jalapeno, shiso, chives, rosemary, mint, lavender, and seeds started for pickling cucumbers and bok choi.

And my father bought us a new Weber One-Touch Gold as a housewarming present. It will never be this clean again.

We broke it in on a lovely Copper River Sockeye fillet.

It's great to be back!

0 comments:

Post a Comment