Thursday, February 25, 2010

Taiko Drumming

I was watching my sake fermenting happily away and I got to thinking about the odori, or "dancing ferment" of the yeast. That made me think about Taiko drumming, so I brought some up on youtube and it brightened up my morning. So I present one of Seattle's Taiko groups playing a couple years back at the Seafair's Bon Odori Festival at the Seattle Buddhist Temple.



The Sakura Festival is coming up in April, looking forward to making it out for some live Taiko. And my sake should be done by then!

Here's another one from that festival a couple years back.

1 comments:

Mishqueen said...

Hello Russell--I didn't know where to put this comment. I'm sure you already figured this out, but I got curious when you posted on Michael Ruhlman's site that you wished you knew the weight measures for flour in Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day. I did a quick search and came up with this article (which you probably already found):
http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/5620/interview-zoe-and-jeff
*5lbs of flour, 75-78% hydration*
(better check, just in case I understood that wrong--I am not a baker, just a researcher)

Sorry to come to your blog; I didn't see a place to comment on Ruhlman's(maybe I'm not a member of something).

Post a Comment