Sunday, July 05, 2009

Ballard Farmer's Market Week II

Here's this week's haul:

  • The Meat: Beef Short Ribs, Oxtail, and suet
  • A half-flat of raspberries!
  • Bing cherries
  • Apricots
  • Weird Austrian heirloom 'Speckled Trout' lettuce and some kind of Italian heirloom lettuce
  • Beets
  • Squash Blossoms
  • Garlic
  • Green Onions
  • Purple Carrots
  • Seabeans
  • Dried Porcini, Morel and Wild Mix mushrooms
  • Kombucha
Plan is to braise the oxtails and short ribs with some wine, maybe some of the dried mushrooms, beets, carrots. Several salads this week. M's plans for the raspberries are not fully formed yet, but hopefully there will be some for the salads. I've got some goat cheese leftover, so I'm thinking something with the squash blossoms. The suet will go toward another round of hot dogs some evening when I'm bored, because I am still a bit cranky about the last round's failure. Had a chat with the Sea Breeze guys, hopefully they'll be landing me a hog jowl in two weeks for guanciale.

1 comments:

LaDivaCucina said...

I'm so jealous of your farmer's market! Those berries look divine! We are not in season anymore in Southern Florida and I'm missing my CSA and about to try an organic food co-op for the summer.

Post a Comment