Monday, August 31, 2009

Koolicles

Sweet Jesus in a smoking birch-bark canoe... koolicles.

What is a koolicle? A pickle plus koolaide. No, seriously. I'd seen this Mississippi Delta treat when we drove through the area on various trips and it kinda freaked me out. But I'll try anything once... So while I'm on this pickle bender, I bring you koolicles.

Koolicles (ala Alton Brown)

Get a jar of dill pickles (not kosher, garlic + koolaide = not good eats). I bought a half-gallon jar of cheap Western Family dill pickles for like $3.
Take all the pickles out of the jar. Slice them in half lengthwise.
Mix a half pound of sugar and two cherry koolaide packets into the brine.
Pickles go back in, then into the fridge for a week.

I'll let you know how they turn out in a couple days...

UPDATE: sweet jesus.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm SO trying this....

Post a Comment